Self Isolation Books You Need To Read Before You Go Back to Work
Ok book worms, this one is for you. We’ve put together a spine tingling list of 20 must read books during self isolation. These fantastic reads will help you to escape Liverpool lockdown and discover a new enchanting world, a thrilling novel or perhaps a romantic tale. Pop the kettle on and let’s get started!
10 Books to Escape Self Isolation in Liverpool
There’s really nothing quite like a good book. Now we’re all stuck inside for at least the next couple of weeks, a book can help you to escape. Whether you enjoy psychological thrillers, romantic classics or self help books, get ready to find a new book to add to your collection. We bet you wont be able to put it down. Let’s first look at 10 books to escape reality and transport you either back in time or to a new and exciting world.
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
- And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
- The Death Maze by Ariana Franklin
- The Edge of Eternity by Ken Follett
- Hamnet by Maggie O’Farrell
- Where the Wild Ladies Are by Matsuda Aoko
- If It Bleeds by Stephen King
- Desperation by Stephen King
- Dark Fire C.J.Sanson (part of a series)
- The Quest by Nelson Demille
We have personally read each and every one of the above top 10 books and can honestly say that they’re fantastic books to read. Start with the A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini and be transported to the heart of Afghanistan. This is the second book following Hosseini’s bestselling 2003 debut The Kite Runner and will have you mesmerised.
5 Books for Self Improvement, Self Discovery & Self Isolation
If you’re hoping to be a bit more productive during self isolation in Liverpool, why not pick up a book for self improvement. You can also find a lot of these books on Amazon Audible so you can listen while you do other things. We personally love Fearne Cotton’s Happy Finding joy in every day and letting go of perfect. These books will really uplift you and help you feel a bit more optimistic about this whole lockdown situation.
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a F**K by Sarah Knight
- Happy Finding joy in every day and letting go of perfect by Fearne Cotton
- Just Say Yes: What I’ve learned About Life, Luck, and the Pursuit of Opportunity by Bernard L Schwartz
- Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikzentmihalyi
5 Books for a Romantic Escape During Self Isolation
Lacking a bit of romance in your life. Perhaps you’re away from a loved one. Well, let us inspire you with 5 romantic novels to indulge in during self isolation. Pour yourself a glass of wine and let’s begin shall we.
- Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
- Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
- The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman
- The Wolf and the Dove by Kathleen E Woodwiss
If you are a fan of the hit TV series Outlander, you can relive the romance and peril of Scotland with Voyager by Dianna Gabaldon. For a historic romance that highlights the drama and heart-ship of Henry the VIII, enjoy The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory.