Visit Cyprus Launches Exclusive Halloumi Brunch Menu at Clockworks.
This April, for one weekend only, locals and visitors to Liverpool can get their hands on a special halloumi-based brunch menu in a centrally-located pop-up restaurant.
Due to popular demand, the Deputy Ministry of Tourism for Cyprus has decided to take is halloumi pop-up craze on tour and in April will be giving Liverpudlians a taste of the squeaky goodness as a way of showcasing their national cheese and entice people to visit the island.
Located at Liverpool’s Clockworks restaurant, the will serve an exciting new brunch menu which incorporates halloumi in every dish from Thursday 11th April 2019.
Created especially for the event by head chef, Paul Fuller, the menu comprises an array of halloumi-infused brunch dishes including:
· Butterbeans on Toast with chorizo, sundried tomatoes, paprika, crème fraiche Halloumi (£6.50)
· Honey & mint halloumi Rösti with smashed avocado, salsa verde, scrambled eggs (£6.50)
· Chilli Benedict with spice rubbed Halloumi, shredded ham hock, toasted muffin, poached egg, pickled chilies, paprika hollandaise (£7.50)
· Halloumi Duck Egg Frittata with red peppers, cherry tomatoes, chilli jam cucumber dressing (£6.00)
· House waffle with Halloumi, spinach, streaky bacon, red onion, maple syrup (£6.50)
Diners will be able to try each dish individually or opt for the full tasting experience, sampling every item on a sharing platter for two, priced at £19 for three dishes.
The Deputy Ministry of Tourism for Cyprus is delighted to continue showcasing the versatility of Cypriot halloumi, explaining “We are incredibly excited to take our sell-out halloumi pop-up to Liverpool with Clockworks restaurant this April. Halloumi cheese is a huge part of Cypriot culture, and to see it enjoyed so much in the UK is wonderful. We are pleased to yet again present restaurant-goers with an exciting new menu that justifies just how adaptable our national cheese is.”
Clockworks owner, Jordan Bergson, said: “We’ve whipped up a range of unique brunch dishes which showcase this delicious traditional Cypriot cheese, all with a special Clockworks twist. We can’t wait to share a little slice of sunny Cyprus with our customers this April.”
Diners will be able to book for lunch or dinner at Clockworks restaurant from Thursday 11th April.
To make a booking, please call 01517070210 or visit www.clockworksliverpool.com